dry juicy & well-balanced
0800 5 707008160 free from German landline
from 120 € (Germany)
100% SECURE Shopping
juicy & well-balanced
Deep intense red wine, with bramble berry, cinnamon, cloves and violets on the nose. The palate is rich and full, with delicate, soft well balanced tannins.
Harvesting performed by hand. Pre-cooling of grapes to around 6 degrees before crushing. Cold soaking performed for two days, with the start of fermentation, followed by the addition of commercial yeast thereafter. Pump overs done three times per day, with a rack and return (Delestage) and pressed at 0° Balling. 14 days extended skin contact after fermentation to obtain richness. Aged in 225L French oak barrels for 14 months.
Expertise | Doolhof Signature Single Vineyard Pinotage 2015
- 13,5 %
- 5,9 g/Liter
- Residual sugar
- 2,75 g/L
- Closure Type
- 0,75 L bottles
- goes well with
- roast beef, venison, lamb stew and slow cooked Pinotage pork belly. , Stuffed leg of lamb with fresh garlic, rosemary and dried apricots, served on a bed of spinach with horseradish mashed potatoes.
- package size
Distributor: Wine Logistix GmbH, 35510 Butzbach, Deutschland | Allergens: contains sulphites | Description/Ingredients: alcoholic beverage (red wine)
Winery | Doolhof
- Michelangelo Awards 2011: Gold Medaille
- John Platter 2011: 3 Sterne
- John Platter 2010: 3,5 Sterne
- Michelangelo Awards 2009: Doppelgold Medaille
- Decanter 2009: Gold Medaille