The distinctly varietal Winery Kaltern Leuchtenberg Kalterersee Classico Superiore DOC smells seductively of aromas of violets and ripe red berries. The wine is juicy and wonderfully fruity in the mouth, compact yet graceful. With subtle bitter almond play and unexpected, beautiful richness with simultaneous lightness, the bright red wine flows into a soft, enjoyable finish. An impressive drop that offers everything - elegance and power, simplicity and grace!
The 20-50 year old vines for this light-hearted and harmonious "genius loci" of the Kaltern winery - literally translated "the spirit of the place" - grow on loamy, sandy limestone gravel, receive particularly much sun due to their location and benefit from the warm microclimate of Lake Kaltern. The fascinating interplay of light-footed freshness, juicy softness and expressive aromas of the Kalterersee Leuchtenberg is due to its ageing in stainless steel tanks and further maturation in concrete barrels.
A wine that stands for light-heartedness, relaxed enjoyment and the attitude to life of this region. Slightly chilled, the wine promises pleasant drinking pleasure, simply as a solo artist or also as a nice accompaniment to hearty starters.
Expertise | Kellerei Kaltern Leuchtenberg Kalterersee Classico Superiore DOC 2020
- 12,5 %
- 4,5 g/L
- Residual sugar
- 2 g/L
- Closure Type
- 0,75 L bottles
- goes well with
- zu: Vorspeisen und typischen Tiroler Gerichten wie Speck und Wurst, aber auch weißem Fleisch und mildem Käse
- package size
stock 2 - 4 years from vintage, enjoy at 12-16°C
Winery | Kellerei Kaltern
- Vernatsch Cup 2018: Sieger "Vernatsch des Jahres"
- Gambero Rosso: 3 Gläser
- Luca Maroni - Annuario di migliori vini italiani: 90 Punkte
- Doctor Wine by Daniele Cernilli - Guida essenziale ai vini d'Italia: 91 Punkte
- Gambero Rosso: 2 Gläser
- Vinibuoni d'Italia: 3 Sterne
- Berebene: Oscar Regionale
- Vernatsch Cup: Sieger "Vernatsch des Jahres"